August 17, 2021
Did your child miss a check-up during COVID-19? No problem. Whether it’s in person, over the phone, or on a video call, your doctor’s or dentist’s office can help you set one up.
Annual visits can help your child’s doctors, nurses, and dentist get to know them better. These appointments are also a great time to catch up on vaccines and ask any questions you may have about your child’s health.
Keeping your child healthy and strong is more important than ever.
The best way to ensure your child has a safe return to school is to stay up to date on well-child visits, dentist visits, and immunizations and to talk to your doctor about COVID-19 prevention.
Here are some resources you can use to keep you and your family safe this fall.
Your EOCCO benefits:
Tips for safe in-person schooling:
- Oregon Department of Education – Ready Schools
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Safe Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – Planning for In-Person Classes
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools
Educational materials and resources:
- Well-Child Visit Incentive Program (Parents/guardians of children between the ages of 3 and 13 are eligible to receive a $20 Amazon.com giftcard if they complete a well-child visit by December 31, 2021.)
- Child Wellness 0-24 Months
- Child Wellness 3-6 Years
- Child Wellness 9-12 Years
- Safe Return to School English | Español
Other resources available to parents in Eastern Oregon:
- Oregon Early Learning Hubs: Early Learning Hubs are organizations that work to support families by ensuring access to necessary services and supports.
- Blue Mountain Early Learning Hub (Morrow, Umatilla, & Union Counties)
- Eastern Oregon Community Based Services Hub (Baker, Malheur, & Wallowa Counties)
- Four Rivers Early Learning Hub (Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, Wheeler Counties)
- Frontier Early Learning Hub (Grant & Harney Counties)
- South-Central Oregon Early Learning Hub (Douglas, Klamath, & Lake Counties)
- Head Starts: Head Starts run preschool programs to promote school readiness for children and families.
- Eastern Oregon University Head Start (Baker & Union Counties)
- Harney County Head Start
- Malheur County Child Development Center
- North Central ESD Early Education (Gilliam, Sherman, & Wheeler Counties)
- Oregon Child Development Coalition (Malheur, Morrow, & Umatilla Counties)
- Umatilla-Morrow Head Start
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): WIC offices help provide nutritious food and service referrals to eligible families.
We’re here to help. Please call our customer service team at 888-788-9821 (TTY users, please dial 711) or email us at EOCCOmedical@eocco.com.