EOCCO Clinics & Staff,
Welcome to the September 2022 issue of the EOCCO monthly newsletter. Below is a preview of the articles you will find in this month's email:
- Medical Director Announcement
- Updated Emergency Department Patient Resource Documents
- Webinar Series: Preparing for the Public Health Emergency (PHE) to End
- Upcoming Events & Trainings
- Childhood Immunization Status Incentive Program
- Spanish Health Care Interpreter Training Program Update
- OHA Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or recommendations. We would love to hear from you!
Please contact: Kelly Watanabe at email@example.com
Your EOCCO Team
Medical Director Announcement
We are pleased to announce that Holly Jo L. Hodges, MD, MBA, FAAFP, has joined Moda as Medical Director of Government Programs.
Dr. Hodges comes from Samaritan Health Plan in Corvallis where she served Oregon Health Plan, Medicare, and Commercial members across three counties. Prior to joining us, Dr. Hodges contributed her experience as a family practitioner to four Coordinated Care Organizations (CCO), impacting now 22 of Oregon’s counties. She brings with her expertise on improving care coordination for OHP members with a focus on quality improvement and case management of fragile and disenfranchised populations.
A graduate from Oregon State University and then Oregon Health & Science University, Dr. Hodges completed her residency in Family Medicine at the Ventura County Medical Center in California. Dr. Hodges practiced full-spectrum Family Medicine in Prineville that included OB with C-sections, ER, and inpatient medicine for 13 years. She worked as a Public Health Officer for Crook and Lane counties over the course of 10 years. She also represented Prineville at the Central Oregon Independent Physician Association (COIPA) board for most of her time in Central Oregon, becoming the IPA Medical Director for the last two years. Her 19 years of clinical practice also includes Urgent Care work in Eugene for several years. Dr. Hodges transitioned into Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) work in 2012 and has worked in several regions across the state.
Dr. Hodges also received her MBA in 2018 in Health Care Management from Marylhurst University with a concentration in leadership and operational change management.
Dr. Hodges is a native Oregonian, born in Pendleton. Daughter of a US Forest Service (USFS) Wildland Firefighter, she has lived in many rural communities throughout Oregon, and graduated from high school in Bend. A lifelong horsewoman and avid barrel racer in her career. Mother of two twenty-something daughters and married for over 30 years to a professional bass fisherman. She lives in Eugene and is a huge track and field fan, spending many days at Hayward Field watching athletes compete.
Dr. Hodges will be participating and engaging with EOCCO’s and Summit Health’s Clinical Advisory Panel, Board meetings as well as helping us with various clinical initiatives.
Please join us in welcoming Dr. Hodges to our team!
Updated Emergency Department Patient Resource Documents
The EOCCO Quality team has created a series of informational resources for our members that is meant to reduce unnecessary emergency department utilization. These documents educate members on when it is appropriate to seek care at the ED versus visiting primary care, behavioral health, urgent care, or dental providers. The twelve region-specific versions of this resource also provide a list of EOCCO-contracted providers that members can visit in their area.
You can access English and Spanish versions of these resources under the ‘Reducing Emergency Department Utilization’ heading at the EOCCO website pages below:
- Member-facing webpage: www.eocco.com/members/your-resources/general-resources
- Provider-facing webpage: www.eocco.com/providers/incentivemeasures
We encourage you to distribute these resources to EOCCO members in any way you see fit. If you would like print copies of any of these documents please contact EOCCOmetrics@modahealth.com and we can ship them to you directly. We can also provide these in another language or format for our members.
Preparing for the Public Health Emergency (PHE) to End
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Department of Human Services (ODHS) will be hosting a webinar series about preparing for the end of the federal COVID-19 PHE. Community partners, providers, insurers, and more can attend these monthly series to learn:
- How OHA and ODHS are working together to prepare for the end of the national COVID-19 PHE with the goal of preserving benefits for individuals and families.
- How partners can help Oregon Health Plan (OHP) member and people who receive ODHS benefits to prepare for potential changes.
- Communication tools partners can use to engage OHP members and people who receive ODHS benefits
All sessions are Tuesdays, 10 to 11 a.m. PT. Each session will include time for questions and feedback.
- October 18, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- December 13, 2022
Click here to learn more and to register.
Upcoming Events & Trainings
Breaking the Stigma - A Community Event For Adolescents and Families
EOCCO is hosting a community event for adolescents experiencing substance use/abuse. Breaking the Stigma will offer a variety of resources and support for families and youth in Eastern Oregon to help them feel seen, supported, and represented.
When: Friday September 30, 4pm – 8pm
Where: Roy Raley Park, 1205 SW Court Ave, Pendleton, OR
What: This event will feature free food vouchers, food trucks, music, family activities, and a panel discussion and Q&A with community members with lived substance use/abuse experience.
Find more information on the event Facebook page: Breaking the Stigma - Family event | Facebook
EOCCO Annual Workshops
Please join us for our annual workshop. This year we are back presenting these workshops in person. Topics include: Prioritized List of Covered Services, Referrals and Authorizations, Incentive Measures, Behavioral Health, Claims, Compliance, EOCCO programs, Summit Health Medicare Advantage and more!
Please visit our EOCCO 2022 Workshop page for details.
Childhood Immunization Status Incentive Program
Parents or guardians of EOCCO members turning two years old in 2022 could be eligible to receive $50 Amazon gift card if their child has completed the full Combo-3 vaccine series by their 2nd birthday. Simply visit the program page on the EOCCO website (www.eocco.com/news/Current/Childhood-Immunizations-Incentive-Program), fill out a brief form, and we’ll get back to you within two weeks. More information on incentive requirements can be found on the program webpage.
Please contact EOCCOmetrics@modahealth.com with any questions.
Spanish Health Care Interpreter Training Program Update
Dates for the Spanish Health Care Interpreter training program have been changed to ensure the program has all of the necessary components prior to its launch. The fall class, which was scheduled to start Friday, September 23, has been pushed back three weeks. The fall class will now start Friday, October 14, and end Friday December 9.
Individuals within the EOCCO service area interested in becoming an Oregon qualified or certified health care interpreter can reach out to EOCCOmetrics@modahealth.com for more information. Scholarships are available to those who qualify. Eligible applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English and Spanish. This class requires students to complete online and in person work at the OSU Hermiston Agricultural Research and Extension Center in Hermiston, Oregon.
OHA Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is currently recruiting physicians to join the Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee. This group is an 11-member advisory committee of physicians, pharmacists and consumer representatives. The Committee performs drug use reviews and advises the OHA on which prescription drugs should be included on any preferred drug list (PDL) established by OHA. OHA contracts with Drug Use Research and Management (DURM) to administer and lead P&T meetings. DURM is a project of Oregon State University's College of Pharmacy. Complete meeting agendas, meeting packets, written testimony, and OHA recommendations are available on the DURM Meetings Page.
Meetings take place on the first Thursday of every other month from 1pm – 5pm PT and are always virtual. Upcoming Meetings
Place of Service 02 & 10
- All telehealth services should continue to use the Place of Service (POS) 02 for all services delivered using a telehealth modality as outlined in OAR 410-141-3566. EOCCO and OHP will not be utilizing POS 10 at this time. For additional information on Telehealth/Telemedicine coverage, please review the Oregon Medicaid COVID-19 Provider Guide
Post-Partum Benefits Policy Change
- As of April 1, 2022, OHP postpartum benefits continue for 12 months following the end of the pregnancy. As part of this change, OHA retroactively restored these benefits to OHP members who lost them on or after April 1, 2021.
- If a member paid your office for OHP Supplemental benefits that are now retroactively covered, please be sure to bill the member’s CCO, DCO or the OHA as follows:
- By November 30, 2022, for services provided June 2, 2021, through November 30, 2021, and
- Within 365 days of the date of service for services provided on or after December 1, 2021
- For any OHP member who paid your office for services that OHP would have covered during their period of retroactive 12-month eligibility:
- Verify eligibility, obtain service authorization as appropriate, and bill the appropriate payer (the CCO, DCO or OHA) for covered services. Refer to OHA’s fact sheet for details
- Refund the member the full amount they paid for the approved services. Do this even if the amount the member paid is more than the amount the CCO, DCO, or OHA would pay
Questions related to incentive measures, health equity, traditional health workers, SDoH, and HIT - Please email EOCCOMetrics@modahealth.com
Questions related to claims and payment information - Please email EOCCOProviderInquiry@modahealth.com
Need to verify if your provider or group NPI is active? Please use OHA’s verification tool
Need to register your practitioner, group or facility? You can find forms on EOCCO.com/Providers/becomeaprovider
If you would like to be added or removed from the email list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org