Chronic pain management resources
Learn new guidelines for tapering patients with chronic pain from the use of opioids.
- Guideline Note 56 - Non-Interventional Treatments for Conditions of the Back and Spine
- Guideline Note 60 - Opioids for Conditions of the Back and Spine
Oregon Health Authority coverage and guideline decisions
Learn more about OHA’s coverage and guideline decisions for the treatment of back and spine pain.
Medication Assisted Treatment
EOCCO has a multidisciplinary team for Medication Assisted Treatment. Our MDTS can help your practice provide MAT for substance use disorder. Our MDT is made up of physicians, pharmacists and billing specialists.
Questions about the EOCCO MAT MDT?
Please contact MDT: EOCCOMAT@modahealth.com
Chronic non-cancer pain management
Learn more about updated guidelines and requirements for chronic non-cancer pain management.
Resources for tapering off prescription opioids
For additional resources on tapering patients with chronic pain off opioids.
Learn more about authorization requirements.
Provider and member forums on chronic non-cancer pain management documentation
Below are the presentations and supplemental documents that were shared at the forums. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the content below or for more information about the forums.
Provider forum presentations
- Talking to Patients about Addiction, Joel Rice, M.D.
- Non-Pharmacologic Options in the Treatment of Chronic Pain, Mark Altenhofen, M.S.: PDF
- Pain Schools: What Are They and How Do They Work? Dave Saxey, QMHP: PDF
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Buprenorphine Treatment Basics, Daniel Warren, M.D., and Case Panel: PDF
Provider forum supplemental documents
- Oregon Pain Guidelines 2016
- Conversion of High-Dose Opioid to Buprenorphine article
- Opioid Withdrawal Attenuation Cocktail
Community forum presentations
- Physiology of Chronic Pain, Jordan Graybill, M.D.: PDF
- Non-opioid Treatment of Chronic Pain, Tina Mody, PharmD, MPH: PDF
- Non-pharmacologic Options in the Treatment of Chronic Pain, David Ebel, RPT: PDF
- The Role of Psychosocial Support in the Treatment of Chronic Pain, Lois Gates, QMHP: PDF