Your next chapter in healthcare starts with you
You will soon turn 18. As a young adult, you will be in charge of your healthcare. This means it will be up to you to schedule your regular doctor visits, vaccinations, tests, and routine dental exams to maintain good health.
As you step into this new chapter in your life, we are here to guide you and answer any questions you may have about your health plan and getting the care you need.
Here are a few things to consider when you turn 18:
- Choose your doctor and dentist. If you do not currently have a primary care provider (PCP) and dentist, please contact customer service for help choosing one.
- Schedule a physical exam with your new PCP.This visit may include talking to your doctor about important topics such as exercise, stress, eating right, getting caught up on your shots, reproductive health and healthy relationships, in a private setting.
- Schedule a dental checkup with your dentist. This may include a cleaning, sealants, fluoride and X-rays.
- Get a referral from your PCP. This is required before seeing a specialist for:
- Physical therapy
- ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor)
- Dermatology (skin doctor)
What does your health plan cover?
See what medical and dental services your teenager’s plan will cover.
|Benefit type||In-network coverage||What you need to know|
|Exam||Covered||For members under age 21|
|Glasses/contact lenses||Covered||For members under age 21|
|Hearing test||Covered||If you are needing hearing services, your doctor will make a referral|
|Hearing aids||Covered||If you are needing hearing services, your doctor will make a referral|
|Prescription medications||Covered||These are medications that a PCP, specialist or other provider prescribes. You can get your prescriptions at any in-network pharmacy. A list of these pharmacies is in the provider directory.|
|Get more pharmacy-related information|
Coverage by age
View benefits and coverage for other age groups.