3/8/22 update: Starting this week, each household can order four more free COVID tests from USPS. Please visit: www.covidtests.gov/ for more information and to order additional tests.
EOCCO members can get at-home COVID-19 test kits at no cost. EOCCO cannot reimburse members for over the counter at-home tests purchased on their own. Below are ways members can get access to free test kits:
- Go to the USPS website to order 4 free tests per mailing address: https://www.covidtests.gov/
- Go to your local in-network pharmacy to buy at-home tests using your pharmacy benefit at point of sale.
- EOCCO covers at-home COVID-19 antigen testing kits through pharmacy point-of-sale (POS) for members who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who have had confirmed or suspected exposure to COVID-19.
- This coverage is for home tests as a diagnostic tool, not a general screening tool; and does not replace coverage for COVID-19 testing done in clinics and labs.
- EOCCO will cover up to four units per month without a primary care provider’s (PCP) order or prior authorization.
- If you need more than four tests per month, contact your PCP. EOCCO may cover more than four units per month when ordered by the PCP as a necessary component of an individualized care plan.
- Please note the following:
- One test is the collection and processing of one sample, regardless of package size or packaging directions.
- For example, a product that comes in a package with two tests and directs the user to use the second test 36 to 72 hours after the first is counted as two tests.
- All other COVID-19 home test products require PCP order and prior authorization.
If you have any questions, please call EOCCO Customer Service at 1-888-788-9821. TTY users, please call 711. The office is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PST.