There are several extreme heat resources available to use and share, including:
- 211 info has a list of cooling centers for each county.
- For help anytime, members can call 211 or 866-698-6155. For help 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, members can text their zip code to 898211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For members who live in EOCCO counties that don’t have cooling centers, we advise you to keep your blinds closed or put blankets across your windows. Make sure to stay hydrated, put a bowl of ice in front of a fan, and do not do any strenuous activity.
- Free rides are available to cooling stations for EOCCO members. Please see this page for a list of cooling stations or call the Non-Emergent Medical (NEMT) team at 1-877-875-4657 to schedule a ride.
- Sign up for emergency notifications from OR-Alert.
- Check alerts and advisories from the National Weather Service.
- Check the Heat Risk map from the National Weather Service.
Fact sheets and other information
- If you need health services that are not covered by Medicaid, your provider can help fill out this form to request services for you.
- Fact sheets are available in multiple languages, including frequently asked questions, first-aid for heat illnesses, caring for patients during a heat wave and more.
- Extreme Heat Tips
- Heat Exhaustion vs. Heat Stroke
- OHA’s Extreme Heat website
- Video: How to Protect Yourself in Extreme Heat