The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and its Medicaid auditing partners known as Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. (HSAG), will conduct a secret shopper telephone survey soon. The survey will include primary physical health care and dental care providers who are contracted with EOCCO. These calls will take place June 18, 2021 through July 23, 2021.
A secret shopper is a person employed to pose as a patient to evaluate the quality of customer service or the validity of information (e.g., accurate location information). The secret shopper telephone survey’s purpose is to:
- Collect objective data from healthcare providers without potential bias introduced by knowing the identity of the surveyor.
- Collect information about appointment availability for EOCCO members new to the provider and requesting routine well-checks or non-urgent problem-focused (“symptomatic”) visits.
Call to Action: Please ensure that all new or existing staff are aware of access to care and scheduling policies for EOCCO members. Here is a summary of the access to care standards as defined by the OHA:
- Emergency Care: Immediately or referred to an emergency department depending on member’s condition
- Urgent Care: Within 72 hours or as indicated in initial screening and in accordance with OAR 410-141-3840
- Well Care: Within four weeks, or as otherwise required by applicable care coordination rules, including OAR 410-141-3860 through 410-141-3870.