EOCCO Clinics & Staff,
Welcome to the September issue of the EOCCO Monthly Newsletter. Below is a preview of the articles you will find in this month’s issue:
- EOCCO Vaccine Confidence and HPV Learning Discussion
- Safe Return to School Initiative
- Upcoming Events & Trainings
- Health-Related Services - Flexible Services Program
- Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) Services
- 2021 EOCCO's Annual Workshop
Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or recommendations. We would love to hear from you!
Please contact: Kelly Watanabe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your EOCCO Team
EOCCO Vaccine Confidence and HPV Learning Discussion
Please join the EOCCO team for a *free* virtual learning session on the burden of HPV in adolescent and pediatric populations. Dr. Shantha Chelliah will lead an interactive event geared toward clinicians and clinic staff and will cover topics such as updated indications for the HPV vaccine and how to build vaccine confidence in your patients. The training will take place on Monday October 18th, from 12pm – 1pm PTD. Click here to register or contact EOCCOmetrics@modahealth.com with any questions about this event.
Safe Return to School Initiative
EOCCO has created several materials that focus on getting kids caught up on well-child visits, adolescent immunizations, and preventive dental services. With many people falling behind on regular preventative care during the pandemic, the intention of the Safe Return to School Initiative is to help educate parents and guardians of EOCCO members on pediatric care recommendations that will support children to return to school safely. Located on the EOCCO member website parents can find an article that highlights the importance of catching up on well-visits and immunizations, guidance from the CDC and Oregon Health Authority on preparing for in-person schooling, and local resources such as WIC offices and early learning hubs.
Upcoming Events & Trainings
Addressing the Increasing Prevalence of Unhealthy Alcohol (SBIRT) and Opioid Use: New Clinic Recruitment Phase Open
This collaborative project can provide primary care clinics with 15 months of tailored support to implement changes to address unhealthy alcohol use at no-cost to the participating clinics.
See the event flyer for more details or contact email@example.com.
EOCCO Advance Directive Training
EOCCO's free Advance Directive online training teaches participants how to talk with loved ones about their wishes and choose a person to make their healthcare decision if they are unable to. This training will help individuals:
- Share their wishes with their loved ones and/or healthcare representatives
- Remove the burden of making difficult healthcare decisions from their loved ones
- Guide their representative in honoring their wishes
Participants will also learn about Oregon's Declaration for Mental Health Treatment, a tool for sharing your wishes at a time of crisis. Please feel free to share the attached flyer.
October 13, 2021: 1-2 p.m., PTD Sign up here
Health-Related Services - Flexible Services Program
As part of the Health-Related Services program, EOCCO offers Flexible Services; an OHP benefit that helps provide individual access to non-covered services and equipment needed to improve a member’s health status. These member-level interventions are designed to complement the member’s service plan and address social determinants of health by providing services that can positively affect the health of the member but are not covered by traditional health benefits. This may include items such as short-term or emergency housing, homeless support (tents, sleeping bags), personal use items, smoke detectors, transportation, etc.
For an item to qualify as a flexible service it must at minimum:
- Be designed to improve health delivery, patient health, and overall quality of care
- Be consistent with the patient’s treatment plan
- The service or item does NOT have a traditional billing or encounter code (CPT)
Additional requirements can be found on the OHA's Health-Related Services webpage. Flexible Services can be requested by the member, a provider, or someone from the member’s care team. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis depending on a member’s need. Blank forms can be requested by contacting the EOCCO Customer Service department: 888-788-9821 (TTY users, please dial 711), or emailing GovtRNLeads@modahealth.com. They are also available on the EOCCO website under the ‘Resources’ tab.
Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) Services
EOCCO's Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) services is a program to eliminate barriers to remove gaps in care for members identified with high complexity or comorbidities including for members in Prioritized Populations. ICC services is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to assist members with complex conditions and help them access needed resources. Providers, community support staff, members and their representatives can make referrals to ICC services via any verbal or written means.
Providers can refer EOCCO members for ICC services by using the referral form available on our website.
2021 EOCCO's Annual Workshop
Please visit the 2021 EOCCO Workshop page to sign up today!
- Questions related to incentive measures, health equity, traditional health workers, SDoH, and HIT - Please email EOCCOMetrics@modahealth.com
- Questions related to claims and payment information - Please email EOCCOProviderInquiry@modahealth.com
- Need to verify if your provider or group NPI is active? Please use OHA’s verification tool
- Need to register your practitioner, group or facility? You can find forms on EOCCO.com/Providers/becomeaprovider
- If you would like to be added or removed from this email list, please let us know at EOCCOProviderInquiry@modahealth.com